Friday, May 31, 2013

Bird In My Window

Read Psalm 139
"Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there." ~ Psalms 139:7-8 NASB

Outside my window in this house I've been staying in San Diego, there is a small tree. Or maybe it's a large bush. In any event, every morning, there is a small bird that sits on a branch - most times, multiple branches as it hops from one to the other. The branches and leaves are so close to my window that they literally mash up against the window pane. So, when the little bird comes, it's up extremely close and in plain sight. It’s crazy to actually see it that close! Anyway, every morning - at about 10 or so minutes into my daily morning routine of listening to my morning sermonettes and reading my Bible - (ya boy goes in on devotional time ;)) - on cue, I hear this lil bird rustling and tapping at my window. Now, when it first happened, I thought that it was just an isolated thing. You know, like, real cute and whatnot. Disney-like. But after days and days of repeated visits, I began to think differently. It began to seem like the bird was trying to look in.....rather, check inside. It wasn't trying to get inside, mind you. It wasn't incessantly tapping away on the window or anything like that. The bird would just come, look in, hop to a few other small branches....all the while peeking in....then go away. Just about everyday - without fail - this happened. CRAZY!
While I don't know why this was a daily occurrence....and I wouldn't automatically assume it to be some divine happening....I CAN tell you what it brought to mind: The Holy Spirit. Not literally. Just the fact that He (Yahweh God) is ALWAYS watching us. Always checking in on His folk. The difference, of course, is that He never leaves. He's always there. He's EVERYWHERE! And that can be very reassuring. To know that a loving God; The King & Master of the entire universe; The Creator and Giver of Life....The Beginning & End.....doesn't see it as a small thing to be invested in His people...in me...in you. And not just merely invested but invested more in our success rather than our failure. I'll say that, again....He's invested more in our success than in our failure. He's not up there like some "big old kid on a cloud" that just wound up the lil toy (the world) and left it to fend for itself, like deists and some people believe. But our God is ever present. And although sometimes the world or even our very lives seem chaotic...we can be secure in knowing that an omniscient God can never be surprised and an omnipotent God can never be over-powered. Nothing is too big for Him. If He can manage & sustain this universe, then He surely can manage & sustain my life. His power is unmatched. And because His love is perfect AND that He showed & proved His Love by wrapping Himself in mortality and sending His Living Word, His only begotten Son, The Incarnate God, The GodMan, Love in flesh - Y'shua HaMoshiach - Jesus Christ to die a horrible death on a cross and take the punishment that we ALL deserve and defeat death on our behalf.............I AM CONVINCED and resolute in the fact that His Love won't/can't fail and EVERYTHING....WILL BE.....ALRIGHT.:-) No matter what happens, I can give thanks because of what Christ means to me. Because of God's sovereignty, whatever happens will turn out for my good and His glory.
Every now and again, I hear that bird tapping....almost like the bird's reminding me, that He's here. And that serves as such a dope reminder of His love.

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren..." ~ Romans 8:28-29 NASB
"We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose. For those whom He foreknew [of whom He was aware and loved beforehand], He also destined from the beginning [foreordaining them] to be molded into the image of His Son [and share inwardly His likeness], that He might become the firstborn among many brethren." ~ Romans 8:28-29 Amplified Bible


"Diary of a Mad Christian: A Cross Reference" is available on BarnesandNoble.com & Amazon.com and ALL E-Reader devices (iPad, Kindle & Nook)

Follow Us! twitter.com/MadChrstnDiary
Like Us! facebook.com/DiaryofaMadChristian


"For if we are beside ourselves [mad, as some say], it is for God and concerns Him; if we are in our right mind, it is for your benefit." ~ 2 Corinthians 5:13 (Amplified Bible)

No comments: